Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

It's been an amazing day here in North Florida!!  How was everyone's Thanksgiving day?  We celebrated with my two stepdaughters, their dear hubbys and children and two of my DH's brothers and their wives.  The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and it was about 70 degrees, just the perfect temperature!!!  We decided we would cook everything on the grill since we are camping for the weekend!  Have you ever cooked dressing on a grill?  Me either until today!!!  I prepared it just like I would have if I was going to bake it in the oven, then popped it on the grill which had been preheated to 350 degrees, baked it for about an hour, and voila!!!  Wonderful!  My stepdaughter baked the sweet potatoes at home along with fresh green beans with bacon and onions, so we put them on the two burner stove along with the sliced turkey and kept them warm while everything else was cooking!  It was such a feast!  We forgot to take pictures!! Darn!!  It was quite the layout!  Since we were camping, we went with Chinet platters so the clean up was kept to a minimum.  Dear hubby made two pecan pies and slipped in a few chocolate chips!  He knows what to do to make me happy!!  And he picked up a cherry pie, a pumpkin pie and FOUR cans of whipped cream!  Now what was he thinking there?? 

What are you thankful for?  My list is really long.  I called my older sister this morning to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving, but no answer, so I quickly hung up after three rings.  I always call around 7 a.m., but she was sleeping in

No comments: