Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wrapping Up 2011

What a beautiful week this has been!  The temps at night have been quite cold, 30s, but the days have been sunny and 50 to 60s.  We couldn't ask for more.  We have "de-Christmased" the house and put everything away.  It feels good to get everything cleaned and dusted again!  Things have settled back down and are basically back to normal.  I'm getting some much needed sewing done.  I have made some of the cutest aprons for a friend that has bartered for aprons to make me a granny square afghan!  I can hardly wait!  I have also made her boys each a special pillowcase.  I think she's going to be happy, and I know I will be!  I love, love granny square afghans, especially the ones with black around each square!  I am working on a ripple afghan, and I have forgotten how long it takes to just do a few rows a night!!  Slow going.  I am thinking I should switch from single crochet to double crochet to speed up the process!  Just kidding!  I'll be patient and do the job right! 
I hope everyone has had a great 2011.  It's hard to believe how quickly the year has flown by.  They say as you age that happens, and boy, are they right! 
Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

Your Craft Book said...

Can you believe how mild it has been here in Florida. It feels like we never had any winter. I feel any cool days are gone, Maureen.

GrandmaSoucie said...

We live in the Panhandle so we get more winter than any other part of Florida, but yes, it has been mild! That's okay by me!! Thanks for your comments!!