Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Baby Turned 39 Today!

Isn't it just amazing how time flies?  39 years ago today, I woke up about the same time, around 6:00 a.m., and I went to the bathroom, because I was feeling some pressure in my abdomen.  As I reached the bathroom, my water broke!  I was so petrified!  I thought I was prepared to have my baby, but all I could think of at the time was "I want my mama!"  DH drove me over to my mama's house, and she looked at me and said "You've got a while!"  Mama had work to do and said she would be back in an hour or so.  When she returned, I was writhing in pain!  She said "Let's get that girl to the hospital!"  Off we went!! The hospital was about 20 minutes away, and I was only there about 45 minutes before my little baby girl was born!  All 7 pounds, 14 ounces of her!  What a busy day that was!  And what a blessing from God.  There were many times when I knew I could not have kept going if it had not been for the love of that baby girl!  It's hard to believe that she's 39 years old today.  DH is fixing her a big dinner of baked beans, potato salad and burgers.  Her sweet friend, Susan, is coming over, and is bringing dessert.  We haven't seen Susan since November when she flew some lobster in for Thanksgiving dinner!  What a great meal that was!  It will be fun to see her today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today!  I hear the thunder clouds banging together.  It looks like we might have rain soon.  In everything, give thanks, GrandmaSoucie

No comments: