Monday, October 29, 2012

Arkansas Countryside

During our recent trip to Arkansas I took some pictures from the car.  They're not always the best, but they give you an idea of what some of Arkansas looks like.  I love the rocks.  Something we certainly don't have ANY of in Florida, and I am always in awe when I see them again, their size, their colors, their majesty. 






There was a dam there too that controls the flow of water.  I've always had a fascination with dams, beavers, anything that can control the power of flowing water.




 
 
We stopped at a pull-off to see the view.  We took some pictures of the large span of the valley and then one of me and Casper and DH and Casper.  Casper loves going for a ride!
 
 
 
 
 
We enjoyed a ride down to the Little Missouri River where some men were trying their hand at fly fishing.  The river was beautiful.  The leaves were turning colors, falling with a gentle breeze, then I saw these very unusual acorns.  I sure wish I had taken a picture of the tree.  I was so fascinated with the curly acorns that I just picked them up and didn't think at the time to take a picture of the tree!  So I have no idea what kind of tree it is.
 
 
 
The water is fairly shallow and there are a lot of huge boulders in the water and it makes for good fishing, especially when they release more fish!
I have never, ever seen acorns that looked like this.  Darn, I wish I had taken a picture of the tree!
 
 
There were singles as well as doubles!!  Pretty fascinating!! 
 
More later.
 
In everything, give thanks,
GrandmaSoucie
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: