Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Region 6 Rally at the Rock

North Little Rock, that is!  We had a wonderful trip up to Arkansas.  We stopped at Crater of the Diamonds State Park.  What a beautiful park.  It even has full hookups.  You usually only find water and electric in state parks, but not this one!  It was beautiful! 
We waded around in the mud hunting for diamonds after a good storm Saturday night, but it wasn't meant to be I guess!!  We did find some unusual rocks, and I love to bring rocks back from places we've been, so I added quite a few to my rock collection! 

The trees are beginning to turn colors.
 
As we traveled further north, the prettier the trees were.  You know people who go to the Carolinas to see the changing leaves in the fall are called "Leaf People!"  The little towns swell from only a few hundred in some locations to thousands of people!  It's quite a sight to see.
We traveled to North Little Rock and backed the Airstream right up to the Arkansas River!  We had an incredible spot, thanks to our good friend, Kathleen Hedgepeth!  She's a sweetheart.  She just turned 85, and can you believe she's still clogging?  She takes classes every week when she's home!  I bet she's teaching the classes by now!

If you look really hard, you can see our trailer with "Just Another Day in Paradise" on the side, but just in case you can't see it, it's the fifth camper.  Can you see that little tiny one, the third one?  It is so darned cute!  It's called a Bambi and it's a 1962!  I asked for a "tour" of it, because it was so adorable!  It was amazing the amount of room it had in in.  There was an "L" shaped sofa, one side of which let down into a full sized bed, and there were supports in the ceiling to put two gauchos!!  So it could actually sleep a family of five! 
Here's a couple other pictures of the trailers. 
 
  It's hard to figure out where to take the pictures to get the best perspective!  I need some of Jana's picture taking expertise!  I took these three pictures from the walking bridge that crosses the Arkansas River and goes over to the Clinton Library.  Politics aside, I have some wonderful pictures to post of the library!  Quite a sight!
In everything, give thanks,
GrandmaSoucie
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Brenda ~ Founder, Blessified.com said...

I have always wanted to go to Arkansas! Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing. I am no very good at keeping up with blogs, but will be following yours now. Hugs & Blessings to you, my sweet cyber friend!

Brenda ~ Founder, Blessified.com said...

Looks beautiful . . . I have always wanted to go to Arkansas! Sounds like you had a great trip . . . but I am sure you are happy to be home. I am not very good with keeping up on blogs, but I will try to keep following yours. Blessings to you, my sweet cyber friend! Brenda